The church was built between 1774 and 1806 and it is the largest cathedral of the Great Hungarian Plain region. The frescos were painted by Ignác Roskovics, the ornaments of the walls were prepared by Ferenc Lohr. The great altar presents the ascension of Jesus painted by József Falkoner. The walls of the vast nave are decorated with the coat of arms of former hierarchies, such as Anjou, Hunyadi and Koháry as well as the town Kecskemét. There are three bells in the church as for the honor of the Holy Trinity. The 3312-pipe organ is excellent for delivering concerts. Looking down from the 73 meter tall tower the panorama of the town can be seen.